In 2013 Foundation initiated lecture series about feminism, prepared and presented by lecturers, experts and activists of different background. Lectures are collected and printed as a publication.
During autumn 2013 lectures were held in Kutaisi and Ozurgeti, while project was renewed in Telavi and Gori in spring of 2014. It is planned to held lectures in Tbilisi and Batumi in Autumn 2014.
On the first stage of project implementation, team was accompanied by the filming group, who documented the process and prepared film “Who is afraid of feminism in Georgia?”
Topics and authors of lecture series:
- Feminism and women’s rights: movement from the edges to the centre (Lela Gaprindashvili, philosopher)
- Where are genius women in the arts? (Davit Gabunia, playwright)
- Gender and sexuality in Georgian movies (Tamta Tatarashvili, MA in Gender Studies)
- A woman in Christianity: Eva or Mary? (Tamar Tsopurashvili, philosopher)
- Who is afraid of Feme Fatale? (Teo Khatiashvili, art critic)
- Anti-Feminism: Incompetence, irresponsibility or fight for privileges? (Tamar Tskhadadze, philosopher)
- Modern feminist activism in Georgia (Ida Bakhturidze, MA in Gender Studies)
- Sexism in Georgian advertising (Etuna Nogaideli, MA in Gender Studies)
- Equality between men and women according to Orthodox theology (Tinatin Megrelidze, Theologian)