Education: PhD in Political Science.
Position: Director of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University’s Center for Interdisciplinary Studies and Research Development.
Research Interests: Deliberative Democracy; Citizen Engagement and participative democracy in local governance; Public Participation; Comparative Public Policy; Reasons of Public Program Failure; Public Participation in Public policymaking; Public Administration Reforming Process in Georgia; The Process of Reconciliation after Violent Conflict; Transitional Justice - hard choice between prosecution and restoration on past human rights abuses.
Languages: Russian, English.
2014/present - Head of the Research and Development Department at the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University;
2009 /present - Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, TSU, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University;
2009/present - Head of the Master Program in Public Administration and Public Policy at Tbilisi State University.
- N.Macharashvili, N.Vasadze, (2013) Book review for Ricketts, A. (2012) The Activists' Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Participative Democracy, Zed BooksL London, NY, in Community Development Journal (2013) 48 (4): 648-651. Macharashvili N. (2011)Windows of Opportunity for governmental and non-governmental organization partnership in Georgia. Annual Publication. Center of Training and Consultancy. 2010
- Macharashvili N. (2010) Public Sector Reforming in Georgia: Consumer oriented models VS citizen engagement. Annual Publication. Center of Training and Consultancy. 2009.
- Macharashvili N. (ed.). (2009) Textbook Materials in Public Policy and Policymaking. Institute of Political Science.
- Macharashvili N (2008), The Prospects for The New Public Management Model in contemporary Georgia. Tbilisi: Georgian Political Science Quarterly. Institute of Political Science.
- Macharashvili N (2007), National Reconciliation as the toll for Peace building and Reaching National Consensus in the Post conflict Society, Tbilisi: Institute of Political Science.
- Macharashvili, (2007), Georgia Following International Experience of National Reconciliation by Rejecting the Retributive Model? The CA&CC Press® AB /Central Asia & Central Caucasus Press AB/\, THE Caucasus &Globalization, Journal of Social, Political and Economic Studies, Vol. 1 (4).
- Macharashvili N., (2007), Political Forum: 15 years of Independence. Politics and Society, Caucasus institute for Pease, Democracy and Development, Tbilisi.. http://www.cipdd.org/files/7_284_473910_Politfor.pdf
- Macharashvili N., (2006) Policy Analysis, Textbook for Advanced Master Course in Policy Analysis, Center for Social Science. Tbilisi.
- Macharashvili N., (2005), “International Experience of National Reconciliation: Which Model Will Georgia Choose?”, Tselitsdeuli - Year-Book of the Institute of Political Sciences of Academy of Georgia.
- Macharashvili N., (2004), „Spanish Experience of National Reconciliation Process”. Politica, Vol..5-6.
- Macharashvili N., (2001), „International Experience of National Reconciliation Process and Georgia”. Political Technologies, Vol.1.
- Macharashvili N., (2000), „Human Rights Defending in Georgia”, Book chapter, POLITOLOGIA. Course Matherial Collection. Tbilisi.
- Macharashvili N., (1998), Compromise as the fenomena of Political Culture, Collection of Students’ resarch papers dedicated to the cultural history and theory issues, Tbilisi.