Education: MSc in Biology
Position: CEE Bankwatch Coordinator for ENP countries
Research Interests: Sustainable energy and Climate Change issues, International Financial institutions safeguards policyand redress mechanisms, environment and human rights.
Languages: Georgian, English, Russian
Manana joined CEE Bankwatch Network in 1998 as National Coordinator for Georgia. Since 2002 till 2012 she has been working as Regional Coordinator for the Caucasus and from 2012 she works as coordinator for EU neighborhood region. In 2004 Manana was honored with Goldman Environmental Prize in recognition of her campaigning work on the controversial Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan campaign. During 2008-2010 she served as member of steering Committee for European Investment Bank external mandate 2007-2013 midterm reviewset by EU Council and EU Parliament. She is the co-founder and chairman of the Tbilisi-based environmental group Green Alternative.
She is the author of several reports and other publications focusing on environmental problems.
1. OFF Balance- The Georgian energy sector and the contradictions in EU policy and practice, April 2014, www.bankwatch.org
2. Greening the European Investment Bank, published by The Project Syndicate, www.project-syndicate.org , December 2011
3. Kashagan oil field development, December 2007, co-author, published by
5. Beyond the pale: Myths and realities about the BTC development model, September 2006, CEE Bankwatch Network, www.bankwatch.org
6. Boom Time Blues: Big oil's gender impacts in Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Sakhalin, September 2006, with co-Authors, CEE Bankwatch Network, Gender Action (USA), www.bankwatch.org