Women’s Resource Center Armenia has prepared feminist lecture series on initiative and financial support of Heinrich Boell Foundation. First series of lectures took place in September-November 2015, while the second series was organized in May-July, and September-November 2016.
Interdisciplinary lectures were prepared and presented by lecturers, experts and activists of different background.
Topics and authors of 2015 series:
- September 17: Myths about “Dangers” of Feminism: the Perception of Feminism in Armenian Society (Anna Voskanyan, Social Work Expert);
- October 1: “Feminism on Hold: How Divergent Concepts and Economic Interests Created a Disabling Environment for the Emancipation of Armenian Women” (Nvard Manasyan, Education Expert);
- October 15: “Women’s movement in Armenia” (Anahit Harutyunyan, PhD in linguistics, author of the book “The Century of Distinguished Women”);
- October 29: “Women in Politics and Political Language/Texts in Armenia” (Ruzanna Tsaturyan, Ethnographer);
- November 5: "Ways of Being a Feminist: Angry or Glamorous Feminists, Feminist Killjoys, 'Feminazis" (Tamar Tskhadadze, Philosopher);
- November 12: “Women and Armenian Mass Media” (Anna Gevorgyan, Expert in Iranian Studies);
- November 26: “Women’s Art versus Feminist Art. Categories and Contradictions in Contemporary Art Practices of Armenia” (Susanna Gyulamiryan, Head of the Laboratory of Art and Cultural Studies).
Based on the above-mentioned lectures, 6 articles have been prepared, which were published in Armenian language. Besides that, articles were translated into English and uploaded to our web-site too:
1. Anna Voskanyan - Myths about "Dangers" of Feminism in Armenian Society;
3. Anahit Harutyunyan - Lessons of History: Public Activism of Armenian Women in 19th and early 20th Century;
4. Ruzanna Tsaturyan - Women in Politics and Political Texts in Armenia;
5. Anna Davtyan-Gevorgyan - Women and Mass Media;
6. Susanna Gyulamiryan - Women's Art versus Feminist Art: Categories and Contradictions in Practices of Armenian Art.
Topics and authors of 2016 series:
Based on the above-mentioned lectures, 5 articles have been prepared, which were published: Gender Discrimination: Army, Media, Politics, Marriage, Education.