In this collection of articles various manifestations of gender discrimination on different levels and in different areas in Armenian society is presented. A collection of articles covers the issue of gender discrimination in politics, media, education, army and marriage. Analysis of gender discourse in Armenia gives an opportunity to understand methods and practices that are used to construct, reproduce and reinforce gender discrimination.
Table of contents:
- Milena Abrahamyan - TOUGH OBEDIENCE: HOW IS MILITARIZED MASCULINITY LINKED WITH VIOLENCE IN THE ARMY?
- Anna Harutyunyan - UNEARTHING THE GENDER DISCOURSE IN ARMENIA: FROM HYSTERIA TO CONSTRUCTIVE DIALOGUE.
- Tamara Hovnatanyan - APPLICATION OF SPECIAL TEMPORARY MEASURES (QUOTAS) IN SUPPORT OF WOMEN IN ARMENIA: PREHISTORY AND ASSESSMENT OF EFFECTIVENESS.
- Hasmik Khalapyan - MARRIAGE LAW AND CULTURE AMONG OTTOMAN ARMENIANS, 1860-1914.
- Narine Khachatryan - WOMEN IN HIGHER EDUCATION: AGAIN UNEQUAL OR WITH EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES TO PROGRESS?