Name: Ana Diakonidze
Education: Ph.D. Sociology, MSc Social Policy
Position: Associate Professor, Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA)
Research Interests: Social Policy in transition economies, new forms of labour, employment policy
Languages: Georgia, English, Russian
Biography: Ana is a social policy researcher with special focus on labor and employment policy and development issues. In 2018 Ana received a PhD in Sociology at Tbilisi State University. Apart from this, she has received experience in studies and research in social sciences at the universities of Leuven (Belgium, 2007-2008), Free University of Brussels (Belgium, 2015), King’s College London (the UK, 2014), Magdeburg (Germany, 2016). Currently, Ana is the head of Sociology program at GIPA and is an invited lecturer at Tbilisi State University and Georgian-American University. She also cooperates as an independent consultant with state and non-state, international organizations like Parliament of Georgia, Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs, European Union, the World Bank, UNDP, UN Women, ETF, and others.
- “It’s all about work!” in “Georgien neu Buchstabiert” by Nakhutsrishvili, Heinrich-Boell-Stiftung (Hg.) 2018
- Why do we need women’s economic empowerment? - Heinrich-Boell-Stiftung (Hg.) 2018
- Labour in Digital Economy. Human Rights Education & Monitoring Centre (EMC), Public Lecture Series. Tbilisi, 2015
- International Ratings or Reformists Ideas: how can we explain labor market liberalization in Georgia? Journal of Young Researchers No. 4, December. Tbilisi State University. 2016.
- Superficial Institutions and Challenges of Re-regulation in the Republic of Georgia, Caucasus Survey, 4:2, 149-164, DOI: 10.1080/23761199.2016.1188489. 2016.
- From status-based to needs-based social assistance for internally displaced in Georgia. Journal of Social Policy and Social Work in Transition, Vol. 2, Issue 2, December. 2011