Education: PhD Candidate at the Free University Berlin, Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Berlin, Germany; MA in Gender and Cultural Studies, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary; Diploma (with honors) in Intercultural Communication and Linguistics, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia; Diploma (with honors) in Practical Psychology, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia.
Position: Education Program Coordinator, Open Society Foundation Armenia.
Research Interests: Diaspora and migration and transnational communities; cultural diversity, language and identity; gender inequality studies; higher education policy and reform.
Languages: Armenian, English, Russian, Spanish (Good ), German and Italian (Intermediate).
City: Yerevan, Armenia.
Along with her academic background, throughout her professional career Ms. Harutyunyan has been actively engaged working both for local and international civil society and humanitarian organizations.
- Unearthing Gender Discourse in Armenia: from Hysteria to Constructive Dialogue”, forthcoming in 2016.
- Turkish Armenians in between Spaces, NLO/New Literary Observer (Rus.), http://nlobooks.ru, 2014.
- From Remembrance to Action: Diaspora Repats in their New Homeland (Eng.), Caucasus Analytical Digest, 2011.
- Challenging Diaspora Theory from the Field (Eng.), Collaborative Research Center of the Institute of European Ethnology, Humboldt University of Berlin, 2011.
- Review of an Online Festschrift Dedicated to the Festival Man, Dr. Levon Abrahamian (Eng.), special issue of "Laboratorium: Russian Review of Social Research”, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 2010.
- Cultural Diversity and Belonging: Negotiating Identities in the Armenian Community of Berlin (Eng.), the Scientific Armenological Journal of the Haigazian University in Beirut, Lebanon, 2009.
- Hinter den Ararat schauen (German), Internationales Studienzentrum Berlin ISB 2007-08 Jahresbuch, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- Gleiche Chancen in der Politik: Wie setzt man Gleichberechtigung in die Praxis um (German), Internationales Studienzentrum Berlin ISB 2006-07 Jahresbuch, Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- Equal Opportunity Politics in Armenia: How to Put Equality into Practice? (Eng. and Arm.), Armenian Women Social Science Journal, March 2005.
- Resistance in Teaching and Learning Environment (Eng.), Higher Education in Transition, Civic Education Project, 2003.
- Armenian Family and De-Modernization, (in Arm.) Armenian Social Science Journal “Psychology and Life”, 2003.