NGO Women for Regional Development has launched project “We Speak and Act against Gender-based Violence”. Project aims to raise awareness about gender, discrimination and violence in the Guria region of Georgia. Project will also support to dismantle gender-based stereotypes, which prevail in the region.
Project activities include:
- Training “gender-based violence”;
- Mobilization of participants in the communities, selection of gender-officers;
- Printing of brochures for the information campaign;
- Organization of discussions on different topics, that relate to gender;
- Record oral histories with local girls and women.
Based on the recorded oral histories, publication "Your silence will not protect you" was published in Georgian language.
Project duration: January-November 2015.