(closed project) The project supports translations of foundational feminist texts into Georgian and Armenian languages. The contribution to the feminist library in local languages is considered important support for the development of theory-based critical thinking and debates, which would influence general, dominant patriarchal discourses.
- In 2016-17, book by a famous feminist scholar, Nancy Fraser "Fortunes of Feminism: From State-Managed Capitalism to Neoliberal Crisis” (2013) was translated and printed into Georgian.
- In 2017-18, an anthology of feminist theory of the '80s was translated into the Armenian language.
- In 2018, an anthology of feminist theory will be prepared and printed: in addition to the already finished translations, published during the past 3 years on this feminist web under the section "Feminist Library", 2 additional translations will be prepared:
- Adriane Rich: “Compulsory heterosexuality and lesbian existence”;
- Cynthia Enloe: “Filling the ranks: Militarizing women as mothers, soldiers, feminist and fashion designers”.
Above mentioned translations are as follows:
- Uma Narayan: Essense of Culture and Sense of History.
- Chandra Mohanty: Under Western Eyes: Feminist Scholarship and Colonial Discourses.
- Elisabeth Schneider: Women's Subordination and the Role of Law.
- Susan Okin: Is multiculturalism bad for women?